RDV engages directly with businesses to overcome regulatory barriers faced by businesses, address barriers to market entry, and encourage businesses to secure the skills they need to grow, all with the aim of facilitating and strengthening economic development across regional Victoria.
We work with industry on investment and business development to provide access to direct and indirect support services and programs.
Specifically the team:
- works with companies located in regional Victoria to access appropriate funding and facilitation assistance for investment and business development activities across government.
- links industry to business and project opportunities through the establishment of clusters of innovative regional companies;
- develops effective working and networking relationships with key regional businesses.
- identifies international business opportunities with the assistance of the overseas Victorian Government Business Offices; and
- improves the international competitiveness of local firms and industries, through skills initiatives and business development initiatives.