About Regional Development Victoria
Regional Development Victoria (RDV) is the Victorian Government's lead agency in developing rural and regional Victoria and is responsible to the Minister for Regional and Rural Development, the Hon Peter Ryan MP.
With a focus on building stronger economies and communities through employment, investment and infrastructure, RDV supports regional Victoria to:
- create vibrant and dynamic regional communities through economic and community development
- facilitate new investment by funding infrastructure for strategic projects
- deliver integrated programs and strategies to grow a sustainable business economy and industries
- support the implementation of integrated regional plans
- deliver jobs and investment across Victoria through resilient, competitive and productive regional economies.
Support is largely delivered through the $1 billion Regional Growth Fund which will:
- provide better infrastructure, facilities and services
- strengthen the economic and social base of communities
- create jobs and improve career opportunities for regional Victorians
- support local project development and planning.
The Regional Growth Fund is 60 per cent strategic, supporting economic projects that provided better regional infrastructure, facilities and services. The remaining 40 per cent of the fund targets key local projects, and is divided into the Local Government Infrastructure Account and the Putting Locals First program, which focus on locally-identified priority projects.
Regional Development Victoria (RDV) Offices are based at 19 sites throughout regional Victoria. Regionally-based staff work closely with organisations and businesses to help develop investment, jobs and exports. This creates a local contact point for businesses, councils and community groups wanting to access the programs and services provided by the Department of State Development Business and Innovation and Regional Development Victoria.
RDV’s regional offices also deliver the following Victorian Government services on behalf of other Departments:
- Regional Planning and local infrastructure support (Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure)
- Sport and Recreation programs (Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure)
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage programs (Department of Premier and Cabinet)
- Aboriginal Community Development (Department of Premier and Cabinet)
- Business Engagement (Department of State Development, Business and Innovation), and
- Support to Regional Management Forums
Staff are accessible at RDV offices located in Bairnsdale, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Heywood, Horsham, Leongatha, Mildura, Robinvale, Sale, Seymour, Shepparton, Swan Hill, Traralgon, Wangaratta, Warrnambool and Wodonga.