Regional Development VictoriaRegional Development Victoria

State Government of Victoria

Support for Individuals

Community Engagement Coordinator

The Fire Recovery Unit provides a Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) to work directly with communities and government.

CEC: Bec Nicoll
Phone:  0434 211 241

Psychological Recovery Services

There are free and confidential psychological support services are available for people and communities across Victoria affected by the 2009 bushfires, including those who have relocated interstate.

The services are available for children, young people and adults to support long term recovery. Staff are located in the community and will visit people at their location of choice.

The services are provided by Nexus Primary Health and Berry Street and funded by the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund.

To make an appointment call 1300 77 33 52

Download the VBAF Psychological Recovery Services - Information Sheet.


You can also access psychological support by visiting your General Practitioner (GP) or local Community Health Service which are listed in the Bushfire Recovery Services Guide below.

Victorian Bushfire Recovery Services Guide

The Fire Recovery Unit has a Quick Reference Guide and a Bushfire Recovery Services Guide to keep people informed of the services available to them.

You can download the Quick Reference Guide to Services and Support which is in a one page, A4 double-sided Portrait format.

Download the Quick Reference Guide - Services and Support for People affected by the 2009 bushfires - June 2015 (PDF 101.6 KB)   (WORD 532.1 KB)

The Bushfire Recovery Services Guide has two key sections:

  1. Specific 2009 bushfire recovery information including bushfire planning and rebuilding information, counselling and community grants programs.
  2. General information including health and personal support, financial and legal support, accommodation and housing support.

This guide is only available online and a final update was made in June 2015, and no further updates will be made. Download the Victorian Government Bushfire Recovery Services Guide (PDF )   (WORD 177.0 KB)

Contact the Fire Recovery Unit

Phone: 1800 055 714 

Victorian Emergency Recovery information line button



Email the Fire Recovery Unit
or phone: 1800 055 714

Download the Fire Ready mobile application

Last Updated: 23 November 2015