Enabling Infrastructure Program Stream
This program stream supports regional industries to innovate, build resilience and improve adaptability to changing economic and environmental conditions.
Strategic and enabling infrastructure supports regional industries to innovate, build resilience, and improve their adaptability to changing economic and environmental conditions. This Regional Infrastructure Fund program stream recognises that investments in this area are critical in providing a competitive environment, where existing and emerging regional industries can operate. At the same time they help unlock the region’s growth potential.
The arts to deliver more visitors and jobs
A boost in jobs, tourism and the local economy will be delivered with the $39.9 million Shepparton Art Museum (SAM) redevelopmentView Success Story
Objectives of Program
Strategic infrastructure delivers innovative solutions to infrastructure constraints that have multiple beneficiaries and the potential to enable existing regional industries to expand. It also attracts new investment into regional communities, improves market access, creates new jobs and secures existing jobs.
Through the Enabling Infrastructure program stream, infrastructure grants may be available for:
- projects that facilitate innovative solutions to infrastructure constraints which support multiple beneficiaries in regional Victoria and help grow the economic potential of the region
- projects that support innovation in an industry’s management of its key infrastructure and offers a model that lifts industry standards (e.g. conversion of waste to energy)
- access to utility services (i.e. water, energy, waste) that builds resilience and unlocks the growth potential of a business
- water and energy demand management measures that address the security and reliability of supply, while improving the businesses’ operational sustainability
- internal energy integration and water recycling or use of other non-potable supplies in fit-for-purpose applications which build resilience, secure existing regional businesses’ operations and provide certainty for future growth
- transport infrastructure that directly supports economic activity and precincts
- projects that deliver improved supply chain efficiency.
Strategic infrastructure grants support innovative infrastructure solutions that demonstrate significant business and environmental sustainable outcomes. At the same time they lift industry standards and create or enhance the conditions for growth.
Investment in enabling infrastructure recognises that access to efficient and sustainable management of key resources is critical to the long-term viability and economic success of regional Victorian industries.
All project applications will be considered on an individual basis and will need to address distinct criteria which may include how the project will:
- respond to an identified regional infrastructure need and/or industry need
- provide multi-user infrastructure that delivers economic, social and environmental benefits to a region or across regions
- improve resource use efficiency and improve its environmental footprint
- go beyond the minimum regulatory requirement
- improve supply chain efficiencies and linkages to markets
- minimise congestion effects
- support a network of settlements.
Applicants will also be required to demonstrate the project’s ability to address each of the core Regional Infrastructure Fund (RIF) criteria outlined in the Regional Infrastructure Fund application guidelines.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants are advised to:
Read the Enabling infrastructure information sheet and the RIF application guidelines carefully to establish eligibility
Discuss the proposed application with your local RDV office
Read the terms and conditions for the funding offered
Projects funded by this program
|Project Name||Region||Year||Amount Funded|
|Bendigo Airport Upgrade (Stage 2)||Loddon Campaspe||2012||$4,700,000|
|Mangalore Airport Expansion||Goulburn||2016||$327,450|
|Mildura Airport (YMIA) Runway 09-27 Extension Project||Mallee||2016||$5,000,211|
|Charlton Park 2020 Multi-Purpose Facility Development||Mallee||2017||$1,100,000|
|Wangaratta Livestock Exchange Redevelopment||Ovens Murray||2015||$500,000|
|Euroa Saleyards Redevelopment Stage 2||Goulburn||2016||$500,000|
|Henty Employment Precinct Infrastructure Upgrade||Great South Coast||2017||$1,500,000|
|Corryong Airport Precinct Development||Ovens Murray||2016||$532,399|
- This may not be a comprehensive listing of all announced funding through the Regional Infrastructure Fund, Enabling Infrastructure Program Stream
- CiC indicates the project funded amount is Commercial or Cabinet in Confidence