Investment and Trade: Programs for Jobs and Industry Development
The Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund (RJIF) invests in growing jobs, building infrastructure and strengthening communities in regional Victoria. As a dedicated regional development fund, RJIF addresses key challenges and opportunities to unlock regional Victoria’s growth potential.
RJIF is complemented by other statewide funds that focus on jobs and growth with regional delivery supported by RDV:
- The $508 million Premier’s Jobs and Investment Fund will drive economic growth, create stable jobs in Victoria and help foster new, innovative businesses
- The $200 million Future Industries Fund will support the six high-growth industries that will define our economic future, including food and fibre and new energy technology
- The $100 million Back to Work Scheme gave businesses an incentive to hire unemployed youth and the long-term unemployed
- The $200 million Agriculture Infrastructure and Jobs Fund will drive growth, create jobs and boost exports from paddock to port. The Government will work with the Victorian Farmers’ Federation and other regional stakeholders as we design and roll out the fund
- The Local Industry Fund for Transition aims to create sustainable jobs and contribute to the economic development of the local areas most impacted by the closure of the major car manufacturers
- The New Energy Technologies program will work with the industry to drive maximum value from Victoria’s energy resource
- The Wine Growth Fund is designed to support initiatives to develop the Victorian wine industry.