Agribusiness Development Facilitation
Agribusiness Facilitation is a free service available to you if you are seeking to develop or change an agribusiness in Victoria. Agribusiness facilitation can help you navigate the development approval process. Understanding the approvals required for developments can save time and get your business up and running sooner.
Agribusiness facilitation services are available to new developments and for changes to existing agribusinesses.
For information on each industry click on the image below:
About Agribusiness Development Facilitation
The Regional Investment team engage directly with businesses to overcome regulatory barriers faced by businesses, address barriers to market entry, and encourage businesses to secure the skills they need to grow, all with the aim of facilitating and strengthening economic development across Regional Victoria. The team works with industry on investment and business development to provide access to direct and indirect support services and programs.
Specifically the team:
- works with companies located in regional Victoria to access appropriate funding and facilitation assistance for investment and business development activities across government
- links industry to business and project opportunities through the establishment of clusters of innovative regional companies
- develops effective working and networking relationships with key regional businesses
- identifies international business opportunities with the assistance of the overseas Victorian Government Business Offices
- improves the international competitiveness of local firms and industries, through skills initiatives and business development initiatives.
Agribusiness Facilitation is a free service available to you if you are seeking to develop a new or change your agribusiness in Victoria. It is an efficient approach to doing business in Victoria.
How can Agribusiness Facilitation help your business?
Finding the right location
- We can provide you with site options tailored to your needs
- Agribusiness Facilitation can help identify key suitability criteria for the site of your development
- Consideration should include land topography, surrounding sensitive uses, infrastructure, water availability and access
- Agribusiness Facilitation can also help you work with local government areas suited to your operation.
Getting your application ready
- Agribusiness Facilitation can help you understand the development approvals process
- We can provide you with specific advice on licence and permit requirements for your project
- Given the unique nature of each development, we can connect you with the right people in government and agencies to assist in your application preparation
- Give advice about how to approach your neighbours and broader community about your proposed development
- Agribusiness Facilitation can assist you to consider all aspects of your development application.
- We understand that you may require ongoing guidance throughout the development application process, and agribusiness facilitation can help throughout the process
- If the responsible authority requires further information, we can connect you with the right people in government and associated agencies.
To provide feedback about this site please email here
Regional Development Victoria’s Regional Investment and Trade Specialists, focused on food and fibre industries, are located in and service each region.
Click here to find your region