The Great South Coast Regional Partnership consults and engages with its community throughout the year. In 2019/20, this engagement will be through a small number of targeted deep dive meetings.
In previous years, the annual Regional Assembly has provided a large forum and focus for such engagement.
Read about the Great South Coast Regional Assemblies below.
The 2018 Great South Coast Regional Assembly was held on Wednesday 13 June in Hamilton and was attended by more than 240 community members.
It was an opportunity to hear what the Partnership has achieved to date, and for further discussions on our top priorities:
- The Economy
- Health and Community Wellbeing
- Transport and Infrastructure
- Culture and Environment.
It was great to see so many people there and to hear the passion and depth of conversation.
A report was sent to attendees after the Assembly and can be found here.
More than 340 people attended our 2017 Great South Coast Regional Assembly in Portland in October.
It was a great opportunity for local people to tell Partnership members and Government Ministers and representatives what is important to us.
The main topics discussed at the Assembly were:
- Our Education and Training
- Our Health and Community Wellbeing
- Our Economy
- Our Environment and Culture
- Our Transport Networks and Infrastructure.
Held in October, the 2016 Great South Coast Regional Assembly was a great success with community members from all across the region taking part in shaping the future of the beautiful Great South Coast.
The night generated a very large number of ideas which sit broadly under the following themes:
- Better roads and infrastructure for safety and growth
- A growing visitor economy
- An educated community and skilled workforce
- Safe, healthy, liveable and connected communities
- An innovative and prosperous food and fibre sector
- Renowned environment, culture and iconic landscapes.