The Ovens Murray Regional Partnership consults and engages with its community throughout the year. In 2019/20, this engagement will be through a small number of targeted deep dive meetings.
In previous years, the annual Regional Assembly has provided a large forum and focus for such engagement.
Read about the Ovens Murray Regional Assemblies below.
The 2018 Ovens Murray Regional Assembly was held on Wednesday 27 June in Wangaratta and was attended by 200 people, including more than 150 community members.
It was an opportunity to hear what the Partnership has achieved to date, and for further discussions on our priorities:
- Sustainable farming
- Digital inclusion
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Renewable energy
- Early years
- Supporting our young people
- Transport and
- Economic growth.
It was great to see so many people there and to hear the passion and depth of conversation.
A report was sent to attendees after the Assembly.
Around 200 people – including 170 community members – attended our 2017 Ovens Murray Regional Assembly in Wodonga in July 2017.
It was a great opportunity for local people to tell Partnership members and Government Ministers and representatives what is important to us.
The main topics discussed at the Assembly were:
- Entrepreneurship and start-ups
- Smart technology
- Health and wellbeing
- Education and employment.
Held in November 2016, the first Ovens Murray Regional Assembly generated plenty of ideas. The priority areas for action, ranked according to votes at the Assembly, were:
- Educating and developing skills for future generations, including flexible education pathways and apprenticeship models
- Further developing the region’s key and emerging sectors – tourism; food and fibre; manufacturing; and transport, distribution and logistics
- Improving transport connectivity, particularly passenger rail and east-west public transport connections
- Addressing the region’s health and wellbeing, with a focus on assisting vulnerable families and building resilience in young people
- Supporting action on climate change and renewable energy through advice, promotion and investment attraction.
- Stimulating the region’s digital economy and digital connectedness, focusing on mobile telephone and NBN coverage
- Improving local amenity and infrastructure.