The Partnership engages with the Ovens Murray community throughout the year and takes our region’s priorities annually to the Victorian Government.
Over time, the Partnership has been able to refine the region’s priorities as it has consulted further.
In some cases, Government has responded to the priorities with funding for specific initiatives at Budget time or through the year.
But not all of our priorities require funding initiatives to get off the ground.
The Partnership recently completed an Outcomes Roadmap - a summary of the key outcomes the Partnership is striving to achieve, the actions and key projects the Partnership is focussing on, and what success will look like for the region. This is a living document and will be updated going forward.
One way in which our Partnership priorities can be realised is through the Budget process.
You can read about our 2018/19 Victorian Budget Outcomes below. These outcomes relate to 2017 priorities.
You can read about our previous Budget outcomes here.
Ovens Murray Partnership priorities supported in the Victorian Government Budget 2018/19 include:
- $2 million to progress the Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing iconic walking trail project
- $300,000 towards the development of the Wangaratta Digital Hub
- $300,000 to complete the Wodonga Business Innovation Hub feasibility study
- $300,000 to develop the Hume Regional Renewable Energy Strategy
- A share of $50 million to boost the Regional Health Infrastructure Fund to provide infrastructure and services that meet the changing health needs of local communities
- A share of $11 million for the Victorian Mobile Project Round 4 to remove mobile black spots in regional Victoria
- A share of funding to provide free TAFE courses that meet industry needs, grow the regional visitor economy, support the health of our parks, and upgrade community infrastructure, including regional roads and schools.