The RDV Investment and Trade team supports regional businesses by facilitating new investment and trade, helping initiate projects that create new jobs, assisting to businesses to overcome barriers, and providing strategic financial support where required.
Investing in jobs and industry in regional Victoria
Regional Victoria offers a wide range of options for investment due to its industry diversity.
Priority industry sectors include food and fibre; tourism; advanced manufacturing; professional services; transport distribution and logistics; and information, communication and technology (digital economy).
The RDV Investment and Trade team connects with investors new to regional Victoria and helps facilitate access to export market development and trade initiatives delivered by the Victorian Government.
Located in each of Victoria’s regions, Investment and Trade team work closely with investment and trade specialists.
Contact one of the regional offices today for a discussion about how to invest in regional Victoria.
More information about investing in Victoria can be found at the Victorian Government’s Invest Victoria website.
Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund
The Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund (RJIF) invests in growing jobs, building infrastructure and strengthening communities in regional Victoria.
RJIF is complemented by other statewide funds that focus on jobs and growth with regional delivery supported by RDV:
- The $508 million Premier’s Jobs and Investment Fund is designed to drive economic growth, create stable jobs in Victoria and help foster new, innovative businesses
- The $200 million Future Industries Fund will support the six high-growth industries that will define our economic future, including food and fibre and new energy technology
- The $100 million Back to Work Scheme gave businesses an incentive to hire unemployed youth and the long-term unemployed
- The $200 million Agriculture Infrastructure and Jobs Fundis designed to drive growth, create jobs and boost exports from paddock to port. The Victorian Government will work with the Victorian Farmers’ Federation and other regional stakeholders as we design and roll out the fund
- The Local Industry Fund for Transition aims to create sustainable jobs and contribute to the economic development of the local areas most impacted by the closure of the major car manufacturers
- The New Energy Technologies program will work with the industry to drive maximum value from Victoria’s energy resource
- The Wine Growth Fund is designed to support initiatives to develop the Victorian wine industry.