Regional Development Victoria Delivering for Rural and Regional Victoria logo

Information related to Victorian Government relief and recovery advice


Assistance offered

Further information

Emergency Relief and Recovery - Victoria

Provides information regarding State level support services and programs to assist families, businesses and farmers affected by emergencies across Victoria.

Immediate Assistance

ProviderAssistance offeredFurther information
Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) Fee Relief – in the case of natural disaster, ASIC can review late lodgement and late payment fees incurred as a result of matters outside your control and waive them in some circumstances.
Australian Tax Office (ATO) Dealing with disasters – an ATO portal linking to information regarding ways that individuals and businesses can manage tax obligations following a disaster.
Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) - Victoria Financial Crisis Support – provides links to immediate assistance for individuals, including accommodation, food and clothing as well as the Personal Hardship Assistance Program (PHAP).
Department of Human Services (DHS)/Centrelink - Commonwealth Provides information on support and services that may be available if you are experiencing severe financial hardship, recovering from a disaster, or in need of special assistance.
Major banks Most major and some smaller banks provide assistance to address short term financial difficulties arising as a result of the impact of a disaster. See bank websites for information on hardship and business needs.

Other advice and information

ProviderAssistance offeredFurther information
Business Victoria website An online resource to assist small businesses with information and details of support services.
Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) VCCI provides information, business support and advice on workplace relations provisions for businesses and workers affected by natural disaster and emergencies and lost patronage.
Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) Information on employment conditions during natural disaster and emergencies, including what happens if a business has to close temporarily and information about taking sick, carer or community service leave.
CPA Australia Disaster Recovery Toolkit – provides advice and a series of checklists for businesses impacted by disaster.
Disaster Assist - Commonwealth Commonwealth government site that provides up-to-date public information messages, relevant free call numbers, information on Australian Government assistance packages and links to other relevant websites.
(run by ASIC)
Free, independent guidance to assist individuals to make the most of their money. Includes advice on ‘Storms, Fires and Floods’ and ‘Urgent Money Help.’
Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) Free, independent financial advice and support for farming families and small rural businesses.
Small Business Mentoring Service (SBMS) Professional mentoring support for small businesses. This service is often funded by Government following a disaster, but government subsidised mentoring is available at any time for a fee.
Tourism industry resources Crisis Resources – provides a series of downloadable resources to assist businesses and local and regional tourism organisations to plan for, respond to, and recover from crisis events.

Plus you can find additional bushfire recovery information through the following:

Agriculture Victoria (including animal welfare) Web:
Phone: 136 086
Personal Hardship Assistance Program

Web: or
Phone: 1800 226 226

Australian Government Disaster Web:
Rural Financial Counselling Service Phone: 1800 686 175
Urgent concerns about your own, or the mental health of others Mental Health Services: 1800 808 284 (24 hours). Lifeline: 13 11 14
MensLine: 1300 789 978
Beyondblue: 1300 224 636
Kid’s Helpline: 1800 55 1800
Nurse on Call: 1300 606 024
General support Web:
Phone: 1300 799 232
  • Share this page:
  • twitter share button
  • facebook share button