Update: Victorian Travel Permit System
Victoria has established a permit system for all domestic travel into Victoria. The permit system is for both travellers to Victoria and residents of Victoria returning home from interstate travel. For information about the permit system visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au . To apply for a permit, visit the Service Victoria website.
Find out more information about cross-border communities here, including permit exemptions.
Keep up to date with all the latest restrictions and requirements at coronavirus.vic.gov.au (link to https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
The coronavirus website is your source for coronavirus (COVID-19) information. On it you’ll find:
- Summary of COVIDSafe Summer restrictions
- How we work: Information for business and industry about Victoria's COVIDSafe Summer for work
- Guidance for sectors including Industry Restart Guidelines and frequently asked questions
- Record keeping for contact tracing for businesses and workplaces required to collect contact details from patrons
- Victorian Government QR Code Service — register your business, get a QR code and check in your customers and visitors to help keep Victoria COVIDSafe
- Information about how to create a COVIDSafe workplace
- Six principles for businesses to ensure reopening is safe, steady and sustainable
- Signs, posters and templates to promote a COVIDSafe workplace
- Public events requirements and framework
- COVIDSafe Plans and additional industry obligations for businesses
- The COVID Marshal role, aimed at ensuring workplaces are COVIDSafe at all times
- Support for businesses - coronavirus (COVID-19) business grants and support programs
- Financial support including Australian Government, Victorian Government and other support for employees, apprentices and business owners
- Working for Victoria initiative for employers and jobseekers
- Information for health, education, travel, housing and more.
COVIDSafe Plan required for regional Victorian businesses
It is mandatory for every Victorian business to have a COVIDSafe Plan.
To ensure compliance, random spot checks are underway in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
There are six COVIDSafe principles for businesses to ensure reopening is safe, steady and sustainable.
For more information and for templates and guidance go to coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
This information is correct as of 11 January 2021.
Building Works package to provide immediate benefit
The Victorian Government is investing in new trails, rejuvenated streetscapes and even better tourist attractions as part of our rural and regional construction blitz to create jobs, attract visitors and kickstart local economies.
Check out what local tourism and regional development projects are happening in your area.
Regional Development Victoria Business Centres current operations
We’re continuing to serve the community, but you may need to contact us in different ways.
Victorian Government office receptions across the state are now closed in order to reduce face-to-face contact between staff and members of the community.
If you can contact us online, visit Regional Development Victoria. You can also call us 136 186.
Common questions about the restrictions
Do businesses in regional Victoria need a COVIDSafe Plan?
High Risk COVIDSafe Plans are no longer mandatory, but there are additional requirements for some industries.
If you already have an up-to-date High Risk COVIDSafe Plan, you do not need to write a new COVIDSafe Plan. You can update your existing plan to make sure it reflects current restrictions.
The industries with additional obligations are as follows:
- poultry processing facilities
- abattoirs and meat processing facilities
- seafood processing facilities
- supermarket work premises and perishable food work premises
- warehousing and distribution centres
- commercial cleaning services
- commercial passenger vehicle services
- horticulture operations using seasonal workers for seasonal horticultural work
- care facilities
- ports of entry servicing international arrivals
For more information and for templates and guidance on how to create your COVIDSafe Plan, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au .