The Regional Development Advisory Committee (RDAC) is an independent committee established under the Regional Development Victoria Act 2002 to:
- provide advice to the Minister for Regional Development on policies, projects and issues related to rural and regional Victoria;
- undertake research in relation to rural and regional Victoria;
- consult stakeholders on the development of rural and regional Victoria; and
- undertake other activities related to rural and regional Victoria as directed by the Minister.
RDAC is required to comprise representatives from all Victorian regions. The current membership of RDAC consists of an independent Chair and the Chairs of the nine Regional Partnerships.
The Regional Partnerships are made up of community and business leaders who are passionate about regional Victoria. Established by the Victorian Government in 2016, the Regional Partnerships are a recognition that local communities are in the best position to understand the challenges and opportunities faced by their region. Through ongoing consultation the Partnerships ensure regional communities have a greater say about what matters to them, and that the voices of these communities are heard directly at the heart of Government.
While the work of the Partnerships and RDAC is inextricably linked, RDAC has a separate legislated role to operate as a source of policy advice to the Minister for Regional Development on matters that affect regional Victoria.
Current members of RDAC:
- Kylie Warne – Chair
- Professor Iain Martin – Member (Barwon Regional Partnership)
- Lisa Dwyer – Member (Great South Coast Regional Partnership)
- Timothy Matthews – Member (Central Highlands Regional Partnership)
- David Jochinke – Member (Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Partnership)
- Win Scott – Member (Mallee Regional Partnership)
- David Richardson – Member (Loddon Campaspe Regional Partnership)
- Therese Tierney – Member (Gippsland Regional Partnership)
- Amber Gardner – Member (Ovens Murray Regional Partnership)
- Stuart Locke – Member (Goulburn Regional Partnership)
Contact the Regional Development Advisory Committee Secretariat
c/- Regional Development Victoria
Level 31, 121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC 3000