Supporting more jobs and infrastructure in regional Victoria27/10/2022
The Victorian Government is supporting 38 new projects as part of the latest round of its flagship Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund (RJIF).
RJIF is designed to create new jobs, attract business investment and deliver infrastructure projects that will help the regional and rural Victoria continue to connect and grow.
There are 14 successful grants as part of the Regional Infrastructure Fund stream of RJIF and 24 successful grants from the Investment Fast Track Fund stream in the latest round.
RJIF delivers grants through three streams, including the Regional Jobs Fund, Regional Infrastructure Fund and Investment Fast Track Fund, covering projects from the planning stage through to completion.
The Regional Infrastructure Fund provides key projects that make communities connect and grow – from streetscape upgrades to brand new community facilities.
The Investment Fast Track Fund takes projects from the ideas phase to become investment and development-ready, supporting planning, design and business case works for councils, community organisations and the private sector.
The Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund also includes the Regional Jobs Fund, which encourages private investment to support more jobs growth in regional and rural Victoria. Applications for this fund are still open.
Since 2015, the Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund has backed all of rural and regional Victoria’s 48 local councils and businesses across the state to kickstart over 1,000 projects that have created 13,000 jobs.
The Fund is part of the Government’s record investment of more than $36 billion in rural and regional Victoria since 2015.
The successful Regional Infrastructure Fund projects announced today include:
- Beacon Point Shared Trail (Barwon South West) - $360,000
- Unlocking Housing Terang (Barwon South West) - $607,500
- Camperdown Timboon Rail Trail Bridge Replacement (Barwon South West) - $474,885
- Surf Coast Aquatic and Health Centre (Barwon South West) - $3,000,000
- Traditional Owner and night-time activation of the Portland foreshore (Barwon South West) -$900,000
- Wangun Amphitheatre (Gippsland) - $995,364
- North Sale Wetland and Biodiversity Reserve Project (Gippsland) - $1,000,000
- Beaufort Lakeside Tourism Park Development (Grampians) - $500,000
- Shepparton Foodshare – New Warehouse (Hume) - $1,718,970
- Benalla Community & Regional Education Hub (Hume) -$950,000
- Ngiwa-Kulaithi Play Precinct Robinvale (Hume) - $990,445
- Murrayville Permanent Fuel Solution (Loddon Mallee) - $400,000
- Sustaining and Enhancing Workspace Australia in Castlemaine (Loddon Mallee) - $3,000,000
The successful Investment Fast Track Fund projects announced today include:
- Bellarine Arts Centre Business Case (Barwon South West) - $50,000
- Geelong Shared Trails Tourism Study (Barwon South West) - $384,000
- Corangamite Council organics waste management assessment (Barwon South West) - $40,000
- Theatre Complex Detailed Designs and CBA (Barwon South West) - $75,000
- Anglesea Community and Health Precinct (Barwon South West) - $200,000
- Café & Indigenous Art Retail Centre – Portland (Barwon South West) - $40,000
- Milk Spray Dryer efficiency and reliability improvements (Barwon South West) - $50,000
- Bairnsdale Arts Precinct (Gippsland) - $90,000
- Gippsland Lakes Yacht Club redevelopment (Gippsland) - $106,837
- Kongwak Butter Factory [KBF] Infrastructure and Business Development Activities to become Investment Ready (Gippsland) - $500,000
- Gippsland Odyssey extension – Woolamai to Nyora (Gippsland) - $375,000
- Latrobe Valley Smart Geothermal Industrial Loop (Gippsland) - $380,000
- Horsham Regional City Flight Hub (Grampians) - $238,680
- Heath Street Bridge project (Grampians) - $500,000
- Southern Wimmera and North East Pyrenees Water Supply Feasibility Study (Grampians) - $300,000
- Hopetoun School Site Redevelopment (Grampians) - $101,250
- Ballarat West Employment Zone Circular Economy Precinct (Grampians) - $37,500
- The Central Victorian Goldfields World Heritage Masterplan (Grampians) - $500,000
- Bellbridge Boathouse (Hume) - $324,493
- The Kelly House Precinct – Activation Masterplan (Hume) $255,000
- Mount Beauty Neighbourhood Centre Inc. [MBNCI] Roof Replacement for Kitchen Upgrade (Hume) - $20,000
- Flavorite Tatura Site Future Development (Hume) - $150,000
- Goulburn Murray Woka Yurringa Energy (Hume) - $411,759
- Rural City of Wangaratta Organics Processing Expansion – Detailed Design (Hume) $160,000
- Kalafatis Group Organic Fruit Processing Plant Shepparton (Hume) - $50,000
- Balmattum Hill Mountain Bike Trail (Hume) - $241,600
- Development of Design and Costing Analysis for Stage 2 & 3 of the Murray River Adventure Trail (Loddon Mallee) - $500,000
- Birchip Cropping Group Nexus Accommodation Project (Loddon Mallee) - $215,850
- Planning Studies for Bendigo Regional Employment Precinct [BREP] (Loddon Mallee) -$311,759
For more information, visit Regional Infrastructure Fund and Investment Fast Track Fund.