RDA Northern Melbourne
Facing a time of unprecedented population growth, Melbourne’s North is evolving from a manufacturing to a knowledge economy. The region’s assets include major road, rail, freight and public transport infrastructure, a range of strategic assets such as Melbourne Airport, major new developments and a diverse workforce with an increasing level of skills and qualifications.
The Northern Melbourne Regional Development Australia (NMRDA) committee builds partnerships between all levels of government, local businesses, community groups and key regional stakeholders to provide strategic and targeted responses to economic, environmental and social issues affecting Melbourne’s North.
Northern Melbourne covers the local government areas of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland, Nillumbik, Whittlesea and Yarra.
- Major regional ICT survey: NMRDA has launched an online survey of businesses and organisations across northern Melbourne to identify current gaps and barriers to e-solutions utilisation.
Each participant will receive a report that identifies ICT gaps and opportunities in their organisation and benchmarks their results with their industry sector. They will also be invited to attend a free ICT Forum to learn how they can improve productivity by integrating ICT usage.
All businesses and organisations across Melbourne are encouraged to participate. The survey can be accessed at: ictmelsurvey.com or read more here
- October 2012 Newsletter: Download the Spring 2012 newsletter of the Northern Melbourne RDA Committee here (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Regional Manufacturing Strategy completed: NMRDA’s new regional manufacturing strategy report – Manufacturing in Melbourne’s North: now and into the future – outlines the state of manufacturing in northern Melbourne and makes recommendations that will increase growth opportunities. This project responds to recommendations in the Melbourne's North: the new knowledge economy research report.
Download NMRDA’s Manufacturing in Melbourne’s North: now and into the future report here (PDF 3.3 MB)
- The Plenty Food Group represents more than 150 food manufacturers who employ over 6000 people in Melbourne's North. This 2012 strategic review will guide the future direction of the Group and identify initiatives to facilitate economic growth.
Download Plenty Food Group: a focus for the future here (PDF 7.1 MB)
- Northern Melbourne delegations have visited Canberra to discuss regional priorities with federal government Ministers and senior advisors. Comprising local government mayors and CEOs, and the Executive Officers of NORTH Link and NMRDA, the delegations travelled in November and March to give briefings on the region, advocate for early NBN rollout, explain the new manufacturing strategy and highlight a range of potential regional projects.
- Melbourne's North: Post-GFC SWOT presents a socio-economic analysis of the specific impact that the GFC had on the region, particularly on manufacturing and employment.
Download NMRDA's Melbourne's North: Post-GFC SWOT here (PDF 6.2 MB)
- An updated socio-economic review of Melbourne's North was commissioned by NMRDA and NORTH Link in November 2011.
Download the review here (PDF 1.4 MB)
- NBN goes live in Brunswick: Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Federal Minister Stephen Conroy officially switched on the National Broadband Network in Brunswick on 4 August 2011. In doing so, Brunswick South became the first metropolitan area in Australia to receive superfast fibre-based broadband. NMRDA is working closely with Moreland City Council and other stakeholders to develop strategies that will lead to businesses and residents utilising the full potential and efficiencies of high speed broadband.
- Strategic Plan updated: NMRDA updated its Strategic Plan for Northern Melbourne in August 2012. Download the Strategic Plan here (PDF 3.5 MB)
Senior Manager - Northern Melbourne RDA Committee
Suite 16, Level 1
20 Enterprise Drive
Bundoora VIC 3083
Phone: +613 9935 0613