RDA Southern Melbourne
Melbourne’s South is a diverse and widespread region, with world-class tourist destinations, major retail and commerce centres, rich agricultural land and a burgeoning residential growth corridor. It is also home to one of Australia’s major and most dynamic manufacturing hubs.
The Southern Melbourne Regional Development Australia (SMRDA) Committee builds partnerships between all levels of government, local businesses, community groups and key regional stakeholders to provide strategic and targeted responses to economic, environmental and social issues affecting Melbourne’s South.
SMRDA covers the local government areas of Bayside, Casey, Cardinia, Frankston, Glen Eira, Greater Dandenong, Kingston, Mornington Peninsula, Port Phillip and Stonnington.
The Committee has identified five priority areas for action:
- Priority 1: Develop Major Precincts - Dandenong & Frankston
- Priority 2: Improving Connectivity - Road, rail and freight transport, bus services, freight infrastructure and high speed broadband
- Priority 3: Increase Workforce Participation - Access to education, training and jobs
- Priority 4: Support Investment in Key Industry Sectors - Manufacturing, health, tourism
- Priority 5: Address Disadvantage - Understand the gap.
National Stronger Regions Fund (NSRF) Round 3
Round 3 of the NSRF closeed on 15 March 2016.
Announcement of successful applications is expected later in 2016.
Not-for-profit organisations and local governments can apply for grants of between $20,000 and $10 million for capital projects involving construction of new infrastructure, or upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure. Funding must be matched, in cash, on at least a dollar for dollar basis.
Southern Melbourne was successful in Rounds 1 & 2 of the NSRF, with the Australian Government making significant contributions to 4 major regional projects:
Manager Southern Melbourne RDA
Level 6, Government Services Office
165-169 Thomas St, Dandenong 3175
T: (03) 9938 0144
M: 0400 425 300