Applications now open for $200m Building Better Regions Fund04/10/2018
Regional Development Australia committees across Victoria are encouraging local organisations, councils and community groups to apply for a share in $200 million of grant funding made possible by the Building Better Regions Fund.
Initiated by the Australian Government, the $641.6 million Building Better Regions Fund has been set up to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities across the country.
There are two streams of grant funding available in Round Three:
- The Community Investments stream which funds community activities, new local events, regional strategic plans and leadership and capability strengthening activities.
- The Infrastructure Projects stream which supports projects which involve the construction of new infrastructure, or the upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure that provide economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas.
Each stream funds projects and initiatives up to $10 million with minimum funding amounts starting at $5,000 for the Community Investment stream and $20,000 for the Infrastructure Projects stream.
A key component under the latest and round of the Building Better Regions Fund is tourism related infrastructure projects with $45 million earmarked boost the tourism sector and stimulate local economies by creating jobs and new business.
Before you apply
Applicants should read the grant opportunity guidelines and the Am I Ready to Apply documents to ensure you have the right information and supporting material to include in your application.
Applicants should also contact their local Victorian Regional Development Australia Committee.
There are six Regional Development Australia Committees across Victoria who can provide expert assistance and guidance to support organisations to develop strong applications for projects that align to the priorities of your region and the Regional Development Australia Charter.
Find your local regional office
How to apply
To apply, applicants must:
- Complete the online application form for the funding stream they’re applying for
- Address all eligibility and merit criteria
- Attach all of the mandatory documents
- Submit your application by 15 November 2018.
Further information on eligibility and how to apply is available at www.infrastructure.gov.au/bbrf or call 13 28 46.