About RDA Loddon Mallee
Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a partnership between all three levels of the Australian Government – Federal, State and Territory, and local government - to support the growth and development of Australia's regions.
A national network of 55 RDA committees has been established to provide a strategic framework for economic growth in each region.
The RDA committees work to:
- Support informed regional planning.
- Consult and engage with the community on economic, social and environmental issues, solutions and priorities.
- Liaise with governments and local communities about government programs, services, grants and initiatives for regional development.
- Contribute to business growth plans and investment strategies, environmental solutions and social inclusion strategies in their region.
Regional Development Victoria is managing and co-coordinating the operation of RDA activities in Victoria. There are nine RDA committees in Victoria covering all parts of the state:
- Barwon South West
- Loddon Mallee
- Eastern Melbourne
- Northern Melbourne
- Southern Melbourne
- Western Melbourne
Each committee comprises local leaders with broad and diverse skills and experience, as well as demonstrated networks within their region. Committee members are individuals who understand the challenges, opportunities and priorities within their local community.
Appointments to RDA committees have been made by the:
- Federal Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and local government
- State government minister responsible for regional development
These appointments have involved an open and public Expression of Interest process.
The Australian Government provides funding to support the establishment and operation of the committees. In Victoria, the State Government provides funding and other forms of support to the committees.
RDA Loddon Mallee Committee
The RDA Loddon Mallee has the following five key roles:
- Consultation and engagement with the community
- Informed regional planning
- Whole-of-government activities
- Promotion of government programs
- Community and economic development.
We fulfil our roles by researching and identifying issues to help drive change, holding and supporting forums on key regional issues and priorities to identify and progress solutions, providing advice on funding opportunities and identifying and advocating in support of current regional projects or issues that align with Regional Development Australia (RDA) key performance indicators and priorities listed in our two Regional Strategic Plans.
You can contact the Loddon Mallee RDA by calling Regional Development Victoria’s Bendigo office on (03) 4433 8001 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
RDA Loddon Mallee Committee Members
The previous three-year term of RDA Committee appointments expired on June 30, 2015 and an Expression of Interest process is currently underway to fill positions for the next term. Information on the appointment of members to RDA Committees will be posted here, as it becomes available.