Regional Tourism Investment Fund
The fund will support new and innovative tourism infrastructure projects that will increase visitation, drive private investment, and deliver more jobs.
The Regional Tourism Investment Fund will support new and innovative tourism infrastructure projects that will increase visitation, drive private investment, and deliver more jobs.
Objectives of Program
This investment will help revitalise and grow Victoria’s visitor economy and is a key part of the Visitor Economy Recovery and Reform Plan. The fund will deliver grants up to $10 million per project, with a minimum funding amount of $150,000 per project, focussing on four growth sectors identified in the Visitor Economy Recovery and Reform Plan – nature, epicurean, arts and culture, and First Peoples’ led experiences.
Eligible applicants may seek funding for up to $10 million per project, with a minimum funding amount of $150,000 per project.
Co-contributions are required as part of the Regional Tourism Investment Fund (RTIF) grant funding. The rate of co-contribution varies depending on the applicant, and is detailed below:
- Private: Applicants must contribute $2.00 for every $1.00 of RTIF grant funding
- Public and Not for Profit:
Applicants in a Tier 1 Location (see Program Guidelines for LGA list) must contribute $1.00 for every $2.00 of RTIF grant funding
Applicants in a Tier 2 Location (see Program Guidelines for LGA list) must contribute $1.00 for every $3.00 of RTIF grant funding
- Traditional Owner: Applicants must contribute $1.00 for every $3.00 of RTIF grant funding
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- private sector proponents (defined as an individual, privately-owned or commercial organisation that has overall control and responsibility for project that is predominantly funded through private capital)
- local and State Government entities, including Public Land Managers, Land Management Authorities and Committees of Management, Local Government Authorities, Alpine Resort Management Boards and State or Local Government owned entities
- incorporated associations; or
- not-for-profit organisations, including community groups that are an incorporated body, cooperative or association; or Traditional Owner Corporations, organisations and groups, and Aboriginal-owned businesses.
Eligible applicants must also:
- be an incorporated body, cooperative or association (including business associations)
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- be financially solvent.
Projects eligible for funding must be in an eligible project location (see Program Guidelines) and must be:
- New tourism infrastructure and/ or significant enhancements that build on existing infrastructure; or
- Enabling infrastructure that directly and demonstrably unlocks private tourism investment.
After you submit your Registration of Interest, a DJPR representative will contact you within three (3) business days to provide advice around suitability for the fund.
If appropriate, an application form will be provided following this discussion.
As part of the application process you must certify that your business meets all eligibility criteria and provide any supporting evidence requested.
The Victorian Government or our representatives may audit your application, so you will need to produce evidence on request.
If any information in your application is false or misleading, you may be asked to repay the grant.
Please read all the information on this page, the program guidelines, and the Regional Tourism Investment Fund frequently asked questions (FAQs) before applying.
Registrations of interest will be accepted until 11:59pm, Friday 7 January 2022.
Review the guidelines to assess eligibility
Submit your Registration of Interest
|Regional Tourism Investment Fund - Program Guidelines (887.5 KB )||Download|
|Regional Tourism Investment Fund - Program Guidelines (1.5 MB )||Download|
|Detailed Project Plan Template (1.4 MB )||Download|
|Landowner Consent Form (799.0 KB )||Download|
|Template Funding Agreement (213.5 KB )||Download|
|Template Guide - Profit & Loss and Cashflow Projections (623.2 KB )||Download|