Reflections from the Chair, Irene Grant23/04/2018
I want to thank community members in Ovens Murray for their valued input to the Ovens Murray Regional Partnership.
In addition to participation at the Regional Assembly, many people shared their views on regional priorities and worked with us during the year, both individually and through various groups and networks.
Consequently, it was very pleasing when the government supported our regional priorities with:
- $275 million in total now for North East passenger rail with funding from both the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments;
- $22 million for Northeast Health Wangaratta;
- $12 million for the North East Cycling Optimisation Project
- $200,000 for Mount Buffalo.
- Passenger rail improvements on the North East line;
- Strengthening the region as a world class cycling destination;
- Education and skills for the future;
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and digital inclusion across a range of sectors;
- Regional tourism and infrastructure priorities that are ‘investment ready’;
- Support for agribusiness (you can read about what we are doing in this area here);
- Health and wellbeing in vulnerable communities.
Regional Partnerships provide a unique opportunity to work together on what matters most for our region and to communicate regional issues and priorities directly into government, and I look forward to your continuing interest and support.
Lastly, I look forward to seeing you at our 2018 Assembly in Wangaratta in June.
Irene Grant, Chair, Ovens Murray Regional Partnership