Regional Development Australia
Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a partnership between the Australian, state and territory and local governments to support the growth and development of Australia's regions.
A national network of 55 RDA committees has been established to provide a strategic framework for economic growth in each region.
The RDA committees work to:
- support informed regional planning
- consult and engage with the community on economic, social and environmental issues, solutions and priorities
- liaise with governments and local communities about government programs, services, grants and initiatives for regional development
- contribute to business growth plans and investment strategies, environmental solutions and social inclusion strategies in their region.
- Promote Increased awareness of Australian Government programmes in their RDA region.
There are nine RDA committees in Victoria covering all parts of the state:
- Barwon South West
- Loddon Mallee
- Eastern Melbourne
- Northern Melbourne
- Southern Melbourne
- Western Melbourne.
Each committee comprises local leaders with broad and diverse skills and experience, as well as demonstrated networks within their region. Committee members are individuals who understand the challenges, opportunities and priorities within their local community.
The Australian Government provides funding to support the establishment and operation of the committees. In Victoria, the State Government provide funding and other forms of support to the committees.For more details on Regional Development Australia please visit www.rda.gov.au
For further information about Victoria's RDA Committee's, please email email@example.com