The Partnership engages with the Loddon Campaspe community throughout the year and takes our region’s priorities annually to the Victorian Government.
Over time, the Partnership has been able to refine the region’s priorities as it has consulted further.
In some cases, Government has responded to the priorities with funding for specific initiatives at Budget time or through the year.
But not all of our priorities require funding initiatives to get off the ground.
The Partnership recently completed an Outcomes Roadmap - a summary of the key outcomes the Partnership is striving to achieve, the actions and key projects the Partnership is focussing on, and what success will look like for the region. This is a living document and will be updated going forward.
One way in which our Partnership priorities can be realised is through the Budget process.
You can read about our 2018/19 Victorian Budget Outcomes below. These outcomes relate to 2017 priorities.
You can read about our previous Budget outcomes here.
Loddon Campaspe Partnership priorities supported in the Victorian Government Budget 2018/19 include:
- $5 million towards Healthy Heart of Victoria program, including funding for the Heart of Victoria Active Living Census, the Loddon Campaspe Active Communities infrastructure program, and health and wellbeing brokers to build capacity and health and wellbeing throughout the region
- $2.1 million to pilot a new land management partnership between Traditional Owners and the state through the Walking Together initiative
- $130 million for rail infrastructure upgrades from Maryborough and Ararat to Ballarat
- $59.9 million to revitalise the Bendigo Kangan Institute - Bendigo City Campus
- $16 million to build the Bendigo GovHub to accommodate current and new public service jobs
- $11.8 million for Castlemaine Secondary College to continue ongoing staged works, including the completion of the performing arts precinct
- $10.2 million to support construction of a reticulated water supply to service the area surrounding the town of Mitiamo
- Funding to acquire land for the new multi-jurisdictional Bendigo Law Court.