2017/18 Victorian Budget outcomes for the Great South Coast01/05/2017
State-wide Budget Investments benefiting regions:
Regional Victoria will share in a range of significant state-wide investments that address a range of Regional Partnership priorities including:
- $29 million for priority initiatives by the Partnerships, as well as funding to enable more comprehensive engagement in each region and to undertake further development of regional priorities.
- $45 million to the Connecting Regional Communities Program to support digital initiatives such as broadband trials, digital agricultural applications and blackspot minimisation.
- $1.45 billion for upgrades to regional rail infrastructure across the state.
- 25% reduction in the payroll tax rate for regional businesses – expected to benefit 4,000 businesses.
- $50 million to double the First Home Owner Grant to $20 000 for new homes in regional areas.
- $1.7 million to re-establish the Victorian Rural Women’s Network (RWN) to promote women’s economic participation and professional development.
Great South Coast Regional Partnership highlights include:
- $100 million to upgrade the Warrnambool rail line to run more services.
- Commitment to upgrade the Henty Highway - Green Triangle
- Funding to deliver a Food and Fibre Action Plan to advance the food and fibre sector in the region.