2018/19 Victorian Budget outcomes for the Great South Coast
Great South Coast Partnership priorities supported in the Victorian Government Budget 2018/19 include:
- $40 million to upgrade the Princes Highway from Colac to the South Australian border
- More than $941 million for better regional roads across the state, including:
- $333 million for regional road restoration
- $261 million for road upgrades in regional Victoria
- $229 million for Continuing Towards Zero, providing safety upgrades to our regional road network
- $100 million for grants to rural councils to undertake local road remediation projects
- $17.4 million to establish Regional Roads Victoria
- $153.2 million for the Geelong City Deal, including funding towards implementation of the Shipwreck Coast Master Plan Stage 2, development of the Geelong Convention and Exhibition Centre and the revitalisation of central Geelong.
- $0.1 million for suicide prevention training for businesses, sporting and community groups to ensure the whole community knows what to do if someone is at risk of suicide.
Download the Great South Coast Regional Partnership 2018/19 Budget Fact Sheet for more information. (PDF 409.4 KB)