2018/19 Victorian Budget outcomes for the Mallee region
Mallee Partnership priorities supported in the Victorian Government Budget 2018/19 include:
- $1.7 million to establish a Mallee Regional Innovation Centre to drive research, innovation and development in key sectors of renewables, engineering, agriculture, water management and sustainability
- $0.8 million to establish a Cross Border Commission to help streamline regulatory and licencing requirements, enable further economic growth and reduce barriers to accessing services in Victoria’s border communities
- $0.6 million to establish Food Next Door, a demonstration farm that will enable newly arrived migrants to collaborate in growing diverse crops using regenerative farming practices
- $0.5 million to further develop the Murray River Adventure Trail, a multi-sport adventure trail extending along the length of the Murray River
- $0.3 million to develop a Silo Art Trail across the Mallee through extending and rebranding existing silo-based arts installations.
Download the Mallee Regional Partnership 2018/19 Budget Fact Sheet for more information. (PDF 314.1 KB)