The Partnership engages with the Wimmera Southern Mallee community throughout the year and takes our region’s priorities annually to the Victorian Government.
Over time, the Partnership has been able to refine the region’s priorities as it has consulted further.
In some cases, Government has responded to the priorities with funding for specific initiatives at Budget time or through the year.
But not all of our priorities require funding initiatives to get off the ground.
The Partnership recently completed an Outcomes Roadmap - a summary of the key outcomes the Partnership is striving to achieve, the actions and key projects the Partnership is focussing on, and what success will look like for the region. This is a living document and will be updated going forward.
One way in which our Partnership priorities can be realised is through the Budget process.
You can read about our 2018/19 Victorian Budget Outcomes below. These outcomes relate to 2017 priorities.
You can read about our previous Budget outcomes here.
Wimmera Southern Mallee Partnership priorities supported in the Victorian Government Budget 2018/19 include:
- More than $941 million for better regional roads across the state, including:
- $333 million for regional road restoration
- $261 million for road upgrades in regional Victoria
- $229 million for Continuing Towards Zero, providing safety upgrades to our regional road network
- $100 million for grants to rural councils to undertake local road remediation projects
- $17.4 million to establish Regional Roads Victoria
- $1.3 million for five additional family violence crisis properties across the region
- $20 million for rural council transformation, a grants program to help rural councils across Victoria improve their financial viability
- A share of $11 million for the Victorian Mobile Project Round 4, building on the Government’s existing commitment to remove mobile black spots in regional Victoria
- $0.5 million for priority projects identified in the 10-year strategy for cycling infrastructure across the Grampians region
- A share of $33.9 million to build, expand and improve early years infrastructure across Victoria